This blog is the record of the Roy W. Howard National Collegiate Reporting Competition media tour through South Korea and Japan. The nine winners of the award, college journalists from across the country, will be updating this blog from the trip with written reports and photographs as they travel through Seoul, Osaka, Kobe and Tokyo. Stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news and reporting.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Entire Cabinet Offers to Resign
S. Korean Cabinet Offers to Quit After Beef Protests
by CHOE SANG-HUN
SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea’s entire cabinet offered to resign on Tuesday as President Lee Myung-bak struggled to find a breakthrough in the biggest political crisis to face his young government, one set off by fears that an agreement to reopen markets to American beef could expose the public to mad cow disease. Read more...
- September (4)
- The Return of Milky Boy!
- Arrival: Chicago
- End of a (2 Week) Era
- 1950's Geisha Is 2008's Prostitute
- Tokyo Arrival
- Rock Garden at Ryoanji
- Korea Is the Future Is Now
- Did We Mention This Trip Is Free?
- The Beginnings of an Adventure
- The fate of the world depends on CALORIE MATE!! ...
- Quake Hits Japan
- Chicago Arrivals
- South Korean soaps?
- Japan Airlines
- Hudson Is My First Roommate
- Luggage Nirvana
- Trip Prep
- Shaken Leader of South Korea Promises New Beginnin...
- "Standing Up for Workers’ Rights in Japan"
- Media Frenzy Over Suspect In Vehicle
- Entire Cabinet Offers to Resign
- 21,000 Police and Countless More Protesters Take T...