This blog is the record of the Roy W. Howard National Collegiate Reporting Competition media tour through South Korea and Japan. The nine winners of the award, college journalists from across the country, will be updating this blog from the trip with written reports and photographs as they travel through Seoul, Osaka, Kobe and Tokyo. Stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news and reporting.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
21,000 Police and Countless More Protesters Take To Seoul Streets
Here's an article from The New York Times, including podcast, about the protests in Seoul over the move to resume suspended imports of American beef.
If you notice the Washington-style building in the photo, our hotel is just behind it--how exciting!
- September (4)
- The Return of Milky Boy!
- Arrival: Chicago
- End of a (2 Week) Era
- 1950's Geisha Is 2008's Prostitute
- Tokyo Arrival
- Rock Garden at Ryoanji
- Korea Is the Future Is Now
- Did We Mention This Trip Is Free?
- The Beginnings of an Adventure
- The fate of the world depends on CALORIE MATE!! ...
- Quake Hits Japan
- Chicago Arrivals
- South Korean soaps?
- Japan Airlines
- Hudson Is My First Roommate
- Luggage Nirvana
- Trip Prep
- Shaken Leader of South Korea Promises New Beginnin...
- "Standing Up for Workers’ Rights in Japan"
- Media Frenzy Over Suspect In Vehicle
- Entire Cabinet Offers to Resign
- 21,000 Police and Countless More Protesters Take T...