This blog is the record of the Roy W. Howard National Collegiate Reporting Competition media tour through South Korea and Japan. The nine winners of the award, college journalists from across the country, will be updating this blog from the trip with written reports and photographs as they travel through Seoul, Osaka, Kobe and Tokyo. Stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news and reporting.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
The Beginnings of an Adventure
So the first dinner has come and gone. We all met over a meal tonight at the Hilton. The disbelief is still hanging in the air but its beginning to fade as the details become clarified. Tomorrow we will depart at noon... and arrive in Tokyo Narita at noon. Ah, the wonders of international travel.
We've been told the best way to stave off jet lag is to sleep on the plane all afternoon as if it were the middle of the night. So that can only mean adventures in Chi-town tonight!
More updates to come, and pictures from tonight below.
- September (4)
- The Return of Milky Boy!
- Arrival: Chicago
- End of a (2 Week) Era
- 1950's Geisha Is 2008's Prostitute
- Tokyo Arrival
- Rock Garden at Ryoanji
- Korea Is the Future Is Now
- Did We Mention This Trip Is Free?
- The Beginnings of an Adventure
- The fate of the world depends on CALORIE MATE!! ...
- Quake Hits Japan
- Chicago Arrivals
- South Korean soaps?
- Japan Airlines
- Hudson Is My First Roommate
- Luggage Nirvana
- Trip Prep
- Shaken Leader of South Korea Promises New Beginnin...
- "Standing Up for Workers’ Rights in Japan"
- Media Frenzy Over Suspect In Vehicle
- Entire Cabinet Offers to Resign
- 21,000 Police and Countless More Protesters Take T...